The history of the brewery dates back to 2003 when the Loweswater Brewery was set up using a small 3 barrel kit. It was sited in an outbuilding at the Kirkstile Inn and initially just supplied the pub in Loweswater. Demand grew dramatically from other pubs and for festivals.
In 2009, following negotiations, the Loweswater Brewery, acquired Cumbrian Legendary Ales. This 10 barrel brewery had been established on the shores of Esthwaite Water near Hawskshead in 2006 and all brewing was transferred to Hawkshead.
Since then brewery has experienced a steady expansion and built up a committed team. During this period Loweswater Gold became Champion Golden Ale of Britain and the capacity of the brewery has been increased so that we now produce around 80 brewers barrels a week. A large number of outlets in Cumbria and beyond are supplied.
- Brewery Manager: Stef Stephanou
- Head Brewer: Chris Chisholm
- Brewers: David Skyrme / Adam Lait
- Brewery: Matt Meadows
- Delivery: Mark Gillam / Simon Bray
- Accounts Manager: Rachael Muir
- Marketing Manager: Anna Stephanou
- Brewery and Sales Assistant: Heather Board
- Directors: Roger Humphreys / Helen Humphreys